Client Intake Specialist
General Description of Duties
- The Client Intake Specialist is responsible for fostering Reach Out Lakota's (ROL) mission by overseeing client service and administrative support for ROL.
- This position reports to the CEO
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Initial Client Contact
- Responsible for greeting clients, assessing their needs, and processing them for services.
- Ensuring confidentiality with client files and information
- Enter client visits in software program, accurately record visits, and maintain accurate information in files
- Assist Special Program Coordinators with client registrations for the various programs including, but not limited to: Back to School, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Computer Literacy, etc. Ensuring registration for each program are entered in a timely manner.
- Participate in person in special programs such as Back to School, Thanksgiving and Christmas Programs
- Administrative Support
- Provide needed administrative support to CEO or other staff
- Act as back up to Answer phone calls, check voicemails, record messages and distribute them to appropriate personnel
- Work with CEO on training appropriate volunteers on the system for back up during busier times
- Be aware of monthly shortages & successes
- Update CEO on clients whose story may be useful in marketing materials and social media
- Work collaboratively with both the food service volunteers and clothing volunteers to ensure smooth flow of service.
- Resource Coordinator
- Gain knowledge of other available resources for clients (e.g. How to apply for food stamps, free and reduced lunches, etc.)
- Prefer at least two year of experience in similar position preferable in the non-profit industry
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional computer skills and ability to learn databases
- Licensed Social Worker preferred but similar client support experience will be considered
- Spanish language skills are strongly desired
- Business causal dress
- College graduate preferred but will consider work experience in lieu of degree
Type of Employment
- Typically, 12- 15 hours per week but additional hours as needed
- Work Monday nights and Wed and Friday mornings.
- Must be present during open hours as well as time before and after
Send your resume